We are proud to be family owned and have served our community for 80 years. Our funeral chapel dates back to 1941, when Donald C. English opened English Funeral Home at 703 Lakeside (in a building that later became the city library). In 1945, he acquired Mooney Chapel, at 411 Coeur d’Alene Ave., from Ralph B. Mooney and his son Richard. Don operated the business at that location for nearly 20 years.
In 1962, Don built the present mortuary on Fourth and Harrison. Bruce English joined the family business in 1969, after serving in the Idaho Army National Guard and graduating from the University of Minnesota. The facility was expanded in 1982, on-site crematory added in 1986, and remodeled in 2010.
In 1973, with son Bruce, they built the first funeral home in Post Falls. The Post Falls chapel was extensively remodeled in 2012.
In 1991, Eric English joined the team and is carrying on the mission of providing the highest level of care, understanding, and compassion to the families we are blessed to serve.
With families in mind, we added Reception Centers to both locations. Our Reception Centers are a convenient way for family and friends to gather for a light reception, lunch, or dinner.